the day I met CARINE ROITFELD

wadae adsen
of all the celebrity sightings i've had since moving into the city (there have been so many), today's was hands-down the most exhilarating of all.

after stopping by the newly-opened Ladurée on Madison early in the afternoon, my dear friend Justin and I walked down to Barneys so I can narrow down which boot I need to buy for fall: Isabel Marant Dickers, Rag & Bone's Newbury...or maybe some Acne Pistols? We were making our way to the 7th floor when we spotted The Row and decided to step off the escalator to take a closer look at the collection. I was drooling over the bright baby blue Kuffley fox fur coat, when Justin grabbed my arm and turned me to the direction of...the one and only...

C A R I N E  R O I T F E L D.

i can not describe the feeling i had when i saw her so nonchalantly shopping - all by herself - as if she didn't know she was the most amazing woman in fashion. Justin courageously tapped her on the shoulder and introduced himself, then i introduced myself, and then we three had a nice little chat over our love of LadurĂ©e, her new book IRREVERENT - "but so expensive," she says, and AND she asked where my sweater was from. 

"Phillip Lim," I said.

"You're my style inspiration for the day," she replied.

Then, I died.

CR & me
my and justin's signed BNY catalogs
 NICE TO MEET YOU ANNA! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SHOPPING ADVICE!
LOTS OF LOVE
CARINE


wadae adsen
 

Popular Posts